QUIET LUXURY NAILS
I just hit 50k on tiktok!!! Let's celebrate with a flash sale hehe.
HAVE YOU SHOPPED THE 50% OFF FLASH SALE YET?! TAKE 50% OFF ALL COURSES UNTIL 10/19!!!
I love silly TikTok trends and one that I’ve seen pop up recently is “quiet luxury.” Read this article for more: https://www.vogue.com/article/quiet-luxury-trend
Basically it’s all about looking luxurious, rich, chic, etc, without putting in effort, or showing off with name brands, etc. Think being trendy without being too trendy.
Of course this trend extends to our nails, and I just had to try it out. So what is a quiet luxury manicure? From my research, you have to hit a few points to nail (hehe) this look:
- Length: Natural length, nothing too long. Think: just a little bit above your finger tip or even shorter
- Shape: Natural is key. Soft square or soft round. I suggest looking at the shape of your cuticle area and choosing a shape based on that. No harsh, sharp edges, everything is *soft* lol
- Color: Sheer & glossy always looks great, natural hues, seasonal tones. But always super shiny.
- Super Important: Perfectly manicured cuticles. This is ***key***. You’ll notice in the photos I have below, the cuticle area is clean, there are no hangnails/no dead skin, there is no polish on the skin, there is extra extra care put into the polish application, and it’s not bumpy or uneven at all. I think this makes such a big difference!
- Inspo: Sofia Richie or Emily Mariko - their nails are always short, well manicured and effortlessly beautiful!
How to achieve this look:
- Gel polish - read about my faves here :)
- Suggested colors:
- Hazelnut Creamer Base
- I Mean… - super sheer peachy neutral
- By The Way - sheer light pink
- Strawberry Milk Base
- PS - There are a few NEW base gels that are coming out on Oct 23rd that totally work for this look. Stay tuned for a new post next week with photos!!
- Ultra Glossy Non Wipe Top Coat is a MUST!
- Regular polish
- Suggested colors:
- Perfect cuticles:
- Follow my cuticle routine without any special tools (aka no e-file) in my Manicure Prep Course
- Use an e-file for SUPER precise cuticle work with my E-file Basics Course
- Check out my favorite cuticle prep items here!
- Inspo pics (from pinterest):
I’ve been lovingggg having short nails this season so far, and I’m planning to branch out to some seasonal hues (like green or red!!) soon to celebrate fall. Are you going to try this trend?!