KOKOIST x NAIL THOUGHTS SUMMER 2023 GEL COLOR COLLECTION REVIEW & SWATCHES!
Let’s get into some fast facts about this collection:
- Kokoist is pure japanese gel polish (it’s not hybrid – read this post to understand the differences!), so it’s really pigmented and usually looks completely opaque in 1-2 coats depending on the look you’re going for!
- It can also be used for nail art
- You need to apply a base coat before you apply these colors, they are not the same as the tinted builder bases, these are JUST gel colors :)
- Learn more about my favorite tinted builder bases here!
- You can apply a regular gel base coat (my favorite is Megastick Base) or a builder base (all of my faves are linked here!!)
- You then need to apply a gel top coat (my favorite is Ultra Glossy Non-wipe Top Coat)
- Use my code KARA10 for 10% off ALL Kokoist products and shop from my links :)
- These colors go on sale on 5/7 at 8 am PST!! I’m so excited about them!!
Ok, now for the colors!
“A clean, sheer, milky pink.”
To me, this color is a little less milky than their Strawberry Milk Base and it’s soooo pretty! (I think all of the colors are pretty so just imagine I’m saying that with each review :))
“A sheer peachy pink nude”
This one is more similar to their Peach Base IMO but a little more sheer. It makes for a wonderful base color for art but also looks amazing on its own!
“A clear glitter gel”
This polish is literally a clear gel with really pretty tiny rainbow sparkles and slightly larger sequins in it. STUNNER.
“A frosty iridescent green shimmer gel.”
This is like a shimmery sea foam green with noticeable little shimmers!
“A blue, glowy iridescent gel”
This color looks similar to Bubble Wand upon first glace, however it has this really cool glowy quality to it like Supernova does!! It also doesn’t have noticeable shimmer in it, but it’s still super shimmery! It’s more like chrome-y glowy goodness.
“A creamy sea foam green”
Truly just that! It’s also super opaque and really creamy and gorgeous!
“A bright neon green”
“A teal green”
I’m lovvingggg this color! I wish it was around during the fall but it’s also very teal leaning vs. navy so it works for warmer weather too! It’s so pigmented and I think it’s going to be amazing for nail art!
“An electric grape purple”
To me, this is the gel equivalent of Grape Soda from Olive & June but has a slightly jelly quality to it at the same time! I think it’ll be more opaque with two coats though.
“A neon pink jelly color”
O M G this color is AMAZING! This is my favorite from the collection. Literally a glowing neon sheer jelly pink. It’s so cool. I want to put chrome on it, OF COURSE!
“A bright neon pink gel”
This is Lolly’s opaque sister!
“A bright neon orange color”
BY THE WAY or I MEAN… for sheers. They are just stunning. Catch me using them at all times.
LOLLY for a fun jelly neon color! It’s so unique!!!
MOONSTONE for a truly unique glowy polish. It’s just so cool!
They’re pretty much all of my favorites… It’s too hard to choose! You can’t go wrong!
READ MY OTHER POSTS ABOUT KOKOIST HERE!
Kokoist x Nail Thoughts Builder Gel Bases Review + Hybrid Gel and Pure Gel Explained! - My review & swatch photos of all of the builder base gels + MORE INFO!
Builder Gel + Base Gel EXPLAINED! - Did you know not all gel is created equal?
How I'm Growing My Nails With Gel - Explaining my favorite gel manicure process that has helped me grow my nails so long!
My Favorite Kokoist Products - A great place to start building your collection!
My Gel Manicure Starter Pack - Lights, prep items, etc!
Gel Polish 101 - Everything you want to know about gel manicures
COURSES THAT USE & EXPLAIN HOW TO USE KOKOIST PRODUCTS:
My Gel Manicure Painting & Removal Course - Perfect for DIYers and anyone looking to improve!
If you have any other questions or are confused about any thing regarding gel or the products or process or truly ANYTHING, leave a comment or DM me on instagram!! I want to help you build your cart and get exactly what you need! :)